The number of pharmaceutical sales representatives has declined nationwide from about 120,000 to around 70,000. Meanwhile, provider expectations of our sales teams have risen.
What are the game changers for pharma marketing teams working hard to drive performance?
- Individual physicians are often not the sole decision maker, especially relative to identifying appropriate patients.
- Practicing evidence-based medicine and reducing care variations have become common practice goals.
- Fewer are willing to pay for or prescribe a drug that costs more but doesn’t deliver more than a standard of care. For a growing number of practices, this assessment is based on their own measurable real-world evidence (RWE).
What’s our immediately-if-not-sooner advice for pharma companies looking to differentiate?
- Make sure your sales teams are able to communicate how your brand intersects with evidence-based medicine, pathways, and care plans.
- Aim to influence the care plan like you used to aim to influence the point of prescribing.
- Help appropriate patients reach the point of prescribing in an efficient timeline.
- Improve the patient’s chances of superior outcomes and your reputation as a trusted, outcomes-driven franchise.
- Offer tools and resources to standardize evidence-based care, reduce care variations, and change patient behavior, which are the only ways to raise quality and cost effectiveness and to reduce rehospitalizations and avoidable ED visits.
Permit me to take this opportunity to get a little self-serving here but only because I strongly believe that we at Aventria offer one of the only, if not the only, scalable solutions for our pharmaceutical clients that produces the results you might be looking for.
How can Aventria help you drive outcomes and brand performance in an outcomes-based world?
Use our proven QCHealth™ distribution technology to:
- Deliver EHR tools and resources to help practices guide patients efficiently through an optimal care plan.
- Trigger the identification of appropriate patients for your brand and help them stay compliant.
- Guide patients to your hub or other patient services and increase traffic to your websites.
- Collect insights based on real-world usage and, in some cases, RWE.
The views and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not imply endorsement by Aventria Health Group.